Monday, March 14, 2011

A new House and a new blog


I've decided to change sites. The other one was fine, but I have always been a fan of Blogger, so why deviate.
I haven't had a lot of chances to cook in the last few weeks (OK none at all). We have been eating out like crazy! And I absolutely hate it! My butt doesn't need all that excess calories and preservatives, and immersion cooked food. Bleh.
One of the things that we agreed on when we moved back down to Belen was that we are going to be cooking a lot more. It makes sense though especially when you look at what there is to offer- Sonic, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and my two personal favorites- Long John Silvers and A&W.
So the other night I made my Mom's Taco Soup. It's delicious, and mostly healthy unless you add cheese, and sour cream, and cornbread.... I totally did.

1 pound of browned ground beef or 1 pound of thin round steak
1 can of light kidney beans rinsed off
1 can of dark kidney beans rinsed
1 can of sweet whole kernel corn
1 package of taco seasoning
Water

In a medium sized pan (larger if needed) add all the ingredients and just enough water to cover the everything (I added to much water and while delicious I felt that it needed more flavor). Bring everything to a boil, and turn down the the heat to a low medium and let simmer for about 5 minutes.

Serve hot and with whatever you want. :)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the way you speak to those who read your blog - this is really cool!