Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July

It's July and the one thing I don't want to do is turn on the oven. To bad that I can't go one week without feeling like I need to bake something special. This weekend is no different. Last week I agreed to make a cake for a 4th of July party, when I got the idea that a jello cake is the best way to go.
If you haven't had a jello cake I suggest you fix that. Like yesterday. They are so light and refreshing, and topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit makes this dessert easy and beautiful.
What you'll need
4th of July Jello Cake
1 white cake already made- let cool for 15 minutes then poke holes in it with a fork, toothpick end of wooden spoon.
1 cup of hot water (dissolve 3 oz package of Jello in the hot water) after 2 minutes stir in a 1/2 cup of cold water.
Place in the fridge for 3 hours, then cover with cool whip and cover with fruit (you could not use fruit and it is still amazing).



Cover the cake in the jello
The covered cake
Topped with Whipped Cream
My 50 stars
Happy Fourth of July!!
This fourth of July lets remember why we celebrate.
Happy 235th birthday America!!!!
Thank you to all who have served and protected our great country.
I love you Dad.

2 comments:

John Chavez said...

Now that looks yummy!

Love you!
Dad -

Rose said...

Thanks Dad!!!! I love you and I hope you have a great day!