Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nutella

Food is a celebration. Every time I am sitting at the dinner table it is a time to celebrate and come together after a long day of work, or after a lazy day of watching movies, or hanging out with friends.
I believe that the food I make as an adult is the food that reflects directly on my childhood. And my childhood was great and full of wonderful food memories.
 
Nutella is one of those foods that bring so many wonderful memories to me. Walking to school eating my Nutella and peanut butter sandwich is probably the most prominent memory. I remember sitting in my 1st grade class and licking the remaining chocolate deliciousness off my fingers, and inevitably dealing with sticky fingers for the rest of the morning. So when I got my giant thing of Nutella from Jordan the first thing I did was make a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich. The second thing I did was eat another spoonful. And the last thing I did was add a couple of spoonfuls to a regular yellow cake mix and marbled it into the batter. It added the perfect hint of hazelnuts to the cake. Top it off with chocolate frosting and I'm in heaven. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!!

No comments: